Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland
Work Experience: 5+ years
Jsat Automation is hiring a Sr Automation Engineer to lead a project in the Biotechnology industry. This position is a Hybrid role and requires some travel to the clients site in Thousand Oaks when required, such as field walkthroughs, implementation and validation activities.
- As a member of the project Team, the successful candidate will be required to support complex and challenging system automation design, implementation & qualification that require solid understanding of analytical problem-solving techniques, project management, lifecycle management and Operational Excellence. This position requires an extensive understanding and background in programming, design, installation and lifecycle management of manufacturing process controls, automation and field instrumentation technologies.
- Lead and support of capital projects. This role involves the application of advanced automation engineering principles in the design, specification, construction, startup, and validation of process equipment and systems for capital projects of significant scope and complexity. Demonstrated understanding of project life cycles is preferred. Candidate should be familiar with engineering processes from initial conceptualization through project turnover to operations.
- Leading a project design, implementation & qualification activities for process control applications utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA).
- Development of detailed specification, engineering documents, SOP and operating standards.
- Design and testing of newly installed and currently installed automation-based process equipment. Support new product introductions or new technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs.
- Devise new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard automation technical principles.
- Support a safe working environment by complying with all pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules and regulations
- Ability to create, update and read electrical design packages including SDS, URS, IQ, OQ and VSR among other engineering and validation documentation.
- Five or more years combined experience with the following product platforms.
- Rockwell Automation Factory Talk & ControlLogix PLC Platform (Preferred).
- GE Intellution iFiX SCADA and Control Logix PLCs
- Wonderware SCADA System
- DeltaV Distributed Control System
- Working knowledge and experience with cGMP procedures and engineering practices on pharmaceutical/biotech production processes, facilities, and equipment.
- Familiarity with industry standards for batch control systems, software development life cycle methodologies, 21 CFR Part 11, and GAMP.
- Knowledge of ASTM 2500, S88 and S95 techniques. – Batch processing a desired advantage.
- Strong leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills are required.
- Preferred Experience using the following systems:
- Building Management System
- Testing and Inspection machines for devices
- Filling systems for Syringe and Vials
- Industrial Networking for Automation Systems Design and implementation
- Must be independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration. Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat to see what skills/experience you are able to bring to this team.
JSat Automation is a global, full service, operational Consulting, Systems Integration & Validation firm headquartered in “Blue Bell PA USA”. We offer PTO, Health Benefits, Holidays and a retirement plan to all of our employees.