* This is a Remote Hybrid position and does require 20% of travel.
An Engineering Specialist will leverage their extensive knowledge and experience of building systems and HVAC equipment (including boilers, chillers and refrigeration systems, constant volume and variable volume air handling systems), electrical (including generators, UPS, switchgear and controls), plumbing, and fire protection systems.
Position requires excellent written and verbal communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to use sound judgement and discretion and must demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism and initiative to drive the organizational process. Must be able to initiate and complete projects and reports independently, accurately, and often under deadline pressure. Must have the ability to process, prioritize, assign and follow-up on requests.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, building control systems, lighting, building envelope, and domestic water systems, and developing and conducting functional test procedures. Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building codes (e.g. California Title 24, ASHRAE Guideline 36, etc.).
- Expertise in a range of building types, but preference for experience with pharmaceutical and industrial facilities.
- Attend internal kick off meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyze plans, specifications, and contract details to determine system requirements. Select products and determine appropriate placement to meet specifications.
- Prepare Bill of Materials and Sequences of Operations documents to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Prepare Equipment Submittals, Shop Drawings, and Schedules.
- Verify floorplan drawings showing device locations, device wiring details, riser diagrams and panel mounting elevations. Ensure design consistency and document any scope gaps.
- Develop efficient solutions for unexpected field conditions. Need to be able to detail the components necessary to implement the proposed solution.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues, including identifying any issues with cabling, hardware, networking, installation, or communication problems.
- Provide on-site assistance with or perform programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning, and validation processes. Participate in job site final walk-through, complete all job closeout documentation, and provide customer training.
- Familiarity with data logging equipment and trending capability of Siemens automation products and ability to use other building automation systems trending functions.
- Act as technical resource to customers and field employees.
- Actively participates in and leads client meetings and presentations
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs and relay that to subcontractors.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Organize and maintain job documentation to track resources and project progress.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associate degree preferred
- Experience in installing and/or servicing electronic control and HVAC equipment; 3+ years preferred
- Knowledge of HVAC, mechanical systems, business operations
- Understanding of Siemens Desigo, Tridium Niagra, or Johnson Controls Metasys
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, BlueBeam
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations