About JSat Automation
At JSat Automation we believe that by providing our customers with the resources they need to overcome obstacles in their quest for scientific discovery and change, we can more broadly improve the daily lives of everyone in our world. It is our mission to provide our clients with a strategic, efficient cost-effective approach to implementation of their projects. Our goal is more than to just deliver a solution but to foster a long-term relationship as a technical partner and to invest in their continued success.
Our highly diverse and talented team of engineers, project managers and process specialists are encouraged to channel their passion, innovation and leadership to help enable us to provide unique, superior turnkey solutions for our customers. We are dedicated to finding the best person for every role at JSat because the solutions and tools that we develop together will help revolutionize numerous industries. If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat to see what skills/experience you are able to bring to this team. Apply Today to find out how you can join JSAT Automation and make an impact.
In this role, you will be responsible for engineering design, planning, and managing all phases of projects (From Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Startup & Commissioning to Closeout) to ensure customer satisfaction stays at the highest levels. It will be your job to resolve issues related to scope of work on small and medium size projects. You will need to be accountable to field teams for quality, timeliness, and efficiency of designs. In addition, provide detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, field installation team, and subcontractors.
A Senior Automation Engineer in robotics will leverage not just their extensive knowledge and experience developing, programming, and commissioning either laboratory robotics systems and/or industrial robotics and automation equipment (Including but not limited to SCARA robotics, gantry based liquid handlers, 6 axis arms, PLC based work cells, vision systems, conveyance systems, integration solutions, driver development, GUI development on HMIs) but also leverage their expertise developing these tools for scientific or manufacturing applications with consideration to material stability, contamination reduction, timing and resource management, all in order to help JSat’s customers deploy successful solutions across all facets of their business. Additionally a Senior Automation Engineer in Robotics will have a strong knowledge of software tools such as scheduling software, analytical laboratory tools, LIMS or MES solutions, SCADA systems).
Position requires excellent written and verbal communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to use sound judgement and discretion and must demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism and initiative to drive the organizational process. Must be able to initiate and complete projects and reports independently, accurately, and often under deadline pressure. Must have the ability to process, prioritize, assign and follow-up on requests.
- Expertise in at least one of the major brands of robotic solutions available. Such as Hamilton, Epson, Fanuc, Tecan etc. preference for experience with solutions utilized in pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Attend internal kickoff meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyze plans, specifications, and contract details to determine system requirements. Select products and determine appropriate placement to meet specifications.
- Prepare Bill of Materials and Sequences of Operations documents to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Prepare Equipment Submittals, Floor Plan proposals and Schedules.
- Verify floor plan drawings showing device locations and device wiring details. Ensure design consistency and document any scope gaps.
- Develop efficient solutions for unexpected field conditions. Need to be able to detail the components necessary to implement proposed solution.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues, including identifying any issues with clients’ consumables or workflows, or environmental conditions, issues with deployed or provided hardware, software, and integration informatics.
- Provide on-site assistance with or perform programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning, and validation processes. Participate in job site final walk-through, complete all job closeout documentation, and provide customer training.
- Travel to conferences and other shows to upkeep and gain industry knowledge and interface with potential customers.
- Act as technical resource to customers and field employees.
- Actively participates in and leads client meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs and relay that to subcontractors and clients as needed.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Organize and maintain job documentation to track resources and project progress.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in a field of Engineering or Science with 5 years experience
- Experience in programming, troubleshooting, integrating and configuring robotics and laboratory equipment (Examples such as Fanuc, Tecan, Hamilton, Opentron’s, Epson, Staublii, Agilent, Precise Automation, etc); 5+ years preferred.
- Experience working as an end user in a Manufacturing or R&D environment either in Biotech or Pharmaceuticals is preferred.
- Knowledge of Python, C# or other programming languages preferred.
- Understanding of Allen Bradley PLC programming preferred but not required.
- Able to document code and communicate complex systems is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, BlueBeam or Auto CAD, Solidworks or other 3D modeling software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations.
Individuals seeking employment at JSat Automation are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.